Skip to main content

Disappointed with your current position in your career? Are the types of projects you’re handed not challenging or demoralizing you? Is your professional development on the skids? Do you feel like you’re lacking a purpose in your career, missing out on a calling? Don’t feel alone, because you’re not. I stumbled along in the daze of work disappointment about six years ago. I was sitting at a successful point in my career having received both positions of increasing responsibility and projects that my peers envied. To others I had nothing to complain about: I was on the path to further promotion and responsibility. But I wasn’t happy. In fact, I was downright depressed. The work wasn’t exhilarating like it used to be and what I’d started as a calling 13 years previously now felt like an anchor chained to my heart. In my mind I was at a crossroads: keep digging the ditch I was in and succumb to what appeared my fate or create new possibilities. I chose the later. Now six years on I’m working with the new possibilities that I chose to create. I started BlackGrid Consulting, I started The Engineer Leader, and I seek out opportunities that combine my work and my gifts in building relationships in international settings. It’s exhilarating, it’s challenging, and it’s re-energized my calling. But how did I get from stumbling in the dark to walking in the full light? Moving Forward in Your Career By Creating Possibilities
1. I decided that there was more to be done and that I was the one that would do it. This was the first step: admitting that I needed to do more. Seems simple, and most life – motivating events are – but that’s it. I decided that I had more to give to this life and that I was the one that would determine what it looked like, not anyone else.
2. I embarked on a serious introspection of my motivations, desires, shortfalls, strengths, and ideal intentions. Throughout the pages of The Engineer Leader you’ll come across a lot of the exercises I used to get my head straight on what I wanted to be, do, and have. With the decision to create you possibilities comes an awesome power, the power of your mind that you need to understand. As with all things of power, you must understand how to wield it lest you cause irreparable damage.
3. I found my focus, collaborated with others, and put in place the structure to bring my intentions into existence. From the introspection emerged rough ideas, then patterns, then eventually a concise mission and vision. Throughout this period I naturally built a team of like-minded people and together we built the infrastructure to bring our collective-intentions (o.k…desires) into existence. I’m simplifying this to a degree in order to fit a standard blog post. If you’re interested in learning more, leave a comment and I’ll expand on it over at The Engineer Leader. The main take-away is this: don’t wait for your calling to appear before you in a plate of mashed potatoes or while you’re standing in the shower on some random Monday morning. It might, but most likely won’t. It will, however, become very clear once you start creating your own possibilities. “One must respond to one’s fate or one’s destiny or pay a heavy price. One must yield to it; one must surrender to it. One must permit oneself to be chosen.” Abraham Maslow. Christian Knutson, P.E., PMP is a leader, civil engineer, author, and entrepreneur. He’s co-founder of BlackGrid Consulting, a full-spectrum professional technical consulting firm specializing in international program and relationship development, as well as author of The Engineer Leader, a blog on leadership and life success for engineers and professionals

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

இணையத்தில் மாதம் ரூ 10000+ வருமானம் வேண்டுமா

இணையத்தில் மாதம் ரூ 10000+ வருமானம் வேண்டுமா? முதலீடு - அவசியமில்லை நேரம் - 15 நிமிடம் / தினமும் தனி கணிணி வேண்டும் (கைப்பேசி, டேப் அனுமதி கிடையாது) முதலீடே இல்லாமல் பணம் சம்பாதிப்பது எப்படி? உங்களின் ஓய்வு நேரத்திலும், முதலீடு இல்லாமலும், இணையத்தில் பணம் சம்பாதிக்க இது ஒரு மிகச்சிறந்த வழிகாட்டி. PTC தளத்திற்கு நீங்கள் முற்றிலும் புதியவரா? முதலில் இதைப் படித்துவிட்டு தொடருங்கள் இந்த நிறுவனங்கள் மக்கள் சில பேர் தங்களின் விளம்பரங்களை சில வினாடிகள் பார்ப்பதற்காக மட்டுமே பணம் கொடுக்கின்றன.இதுவேஇணையத்தில் பணம் சம்பாதிக்கும் வழிமுறைகளில் மிக சிறந்ததாக கருதப்படுகிறது. இணையத்தில் பணம் சம்பாதிக்க எண்ணற்ற வழிமுறைகள் உள்ளன. அவற்றுடன் ஒப்பிடும்போது ptc இணையதளங்கள் மூலம் பணம் சம்பாதிப்பது முற்றிலும் வேறுபட்டது ஏனென்றால், ஒரு பைசா கூட முதலீடு தேவையில்லை... எந்த வித அடிப்படை திறமையும் தேவையில்லை... தினமும் செலவிடும் நேரம் மிக மிக குறைவு 15 நிமிடங்கள் போதுமானது... உங்களுக்கு ஆங்கிலம் சரளமாக தெரிந்தாலே போதும் ஒரே நாளிலேயே 1000 ரூபாய் வெகு சுலபமாக சம்பாதிக்கலாம் ... உலகின் பெரும்பாலா

பணத்தை சம்பாதிக்க பல வழிகள்

பணத்துக்கான அருமையை நான் சொல்லி தெரியவேண்டியதில்லை. ஒரு அடையாள பொருளாக உருவாக்கிய பணம் நம்மை ஆட்டுவிக்கும் நிலைமை. ஒவ்வொரு அத்தியாவசிய தேவைகளுக்கும் பணம் அவசியமாகிறது. காசு கொடுத்தால் தான் கடவுளை கூட பார்க்க முடியும் என்ற உலகில் நாம் வாழ்ந்து கொண்டிருக்கிறோம். இந்த பணத்தை சம்பாதிக்க பல வழிகள் உள்ளது. முயற்சி செய்யாமல் சோம்பேறியாக இருப்பவனை விட முயற்சி செய்து தோல்வி அடைபவன் ஆயிரம் மடங்கு மேல் கண்டிப்பாக அவனுக்கு வெற்றி நிச்சயம். பல பேருக்கு இணையத்தில் பணம் சம்பாதிக்க முடியுமா என்ற கேள்வி உள்ளது. அவர்களுக்கான என் பதில் கண்டிப்பாக பல வழிகள் இருக்கிறது இணையத்தில் சம்பாதிக்க. அதில் ஒரு வழியான ஈமெயில்கள் படித்தால் பணம் தரும் ஒரு தளத்தை அறிமுகம் செய்து வைக்கிறேன். இந்த சேவையை பல தளங்கள் நமக்கு வழங்கினாலும் நாம் பார்க்க போகும் தளம் மிகப்பிரபலமான தளம். பல ஆயிரம் வாடிக்கையாளர்களை கொண்டு இயங்கி வருகிறது. இந்த தளத்தில் முதலில் உறுப்பினர் ஆகி கொள்ளுங்கள். இதனை அழுத்தி இன்றே இணையுங்கள் http://www.PaisaLive.com/register.asp?6191170-55402.7 தளத்தின் சிறப்பம்சங்கள்: நீங்கள் இந்த தளத்தில் சேர்ந்

How to Drive Manual

How to Drive Manual 1) Try to get on level ground. Put your seatbelt on once you get in. While learning, it's better to roll down the windows. This helps to better hear the engine sound and adjust the gear shifts accordingly. 2) The one on the far left is the clutch , the middle one is the brake, and then the gas/accelerator is on the far right.(CBA). This layout is the same for both left hand drive and right hand drive vehicles. 3Learn what the clutch does: 3) The clutch disengages the spinning engine from the spinning wheels and allows you to switch gears without grinding the teeth of each separate gear. Before you switch gears, the clutch must be depressed. 4 Adjust the seat position forward enough to allow you to press the clutch pedal (the left pedal, next to the brake pedal) fully to the floor with your left foot. 5 Press the clutch pedal and hold it to the floor. This would also be a good time to take note of how the travel